We all love pancakes – they are a quick delight! These Mexican Pancakes spice up the traditional recipe by including delicously healthy vegetables. We are sure you will love them!
½ onion, grated
½ potato, peeled and grated
1 small, zucchini grated
½ carrot, peeled and grated
½ clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
¼ cup plain flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ tsp salt and pepper
2 tabs oil
2 tbsp salsa
2 tbsp sour cream
Mixed lettuce leaves
½ tomato, sliced
⅛ cucumber, sliced
1 tsp salad dressing
1. Wash and grate the onion, potato, zucchini and carrot.
2. Place the vegetables in a sieve over a large bowl. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and let sit for 5 mins. Squeeze out the excess moisture by pressing down on the grated vegetables. Pour away excess liquid.
3. Place the squeezed vegetables in a large bowl and stir in the garlic and coriander.
4. Stir in flour and egg and mix well.
5. Using two tablespoons of mixture, create small patties.
6. Over a medium heat, add half of the oil and cook 3 of the pancakes for approx. 5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn carefully with an egg flip or metal spatula and cook on the second side.
7. Place Mexican pancakes on a plate and repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
8. Whilst the Mexican pancakes are cooking, prepare the salad ingredients and place on the plate and drizzle with salad dressing.
9. Arrange Mexican pancakes as a stack on the plate and top pancakes with salsa and sour cream.