Home Community Kids in the Kitchen: Easy Vanilla Christmas Mousse
There are so many great things about Christmas: time spent with loved ones, exchanging gifts and of course… the food! This edition, year 7 student Austin takes us through the steps to create an easy (and delicious) vanilla mousse. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- Toppings of your choice
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Beat the thickened cream, remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Add 1/2 of the whipped cream mixture to cream cheese mixture; stir until well blended. Gently stir in remaining whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle over a topping of your choice – in our example, we have used Peppermint Crisp. Cover.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!