Pasta bakes are always a big favourite with busy families. This pasta bake is fast to make because it uses a BBQ chicken and combines it with a delicious cheesy sauce that is dreamy to eat. Make plenty because you’ll be asked for second helpings!
250g of chicken breast
500g dried rigatoni pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small red onion, finely chopped
500g jar tomato pasta sauce
3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
100g baby spinach leaves
1. Dice the chicken breast into small pieces.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C.
3. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Return to saucepan.
4. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until tender.
5. Add onion mixture, pasta sauce, chicken, 3/4 cup cheese and baby spinach to hot pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Toss gently until well combined. Spoon pasta mixture into a deep baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and heated through.