During the Gold Rush in 1854 a school opened in the Eaglehawk Goldfields. In a few decades it would be titled the ‘State School No. 210’, out of 700 state schools throughout Victoria at the time.
In 1881, the neighbouring Methodist Church was leased to the school
for an intermediary construction period. A century later, in 1980, the school
acquired the Methodist Church and since have utilized the annexe space as a kitchenette.
Throughout the 167 years since its inception, this school has had many
alterations and created many new buildings.