Roast Vegetable Wraps
Students enhanced their knife slicing and dicing skills in foods class this term at Eaglehawk Secondary College and made some delicious wraps!
Ingredients (for two serves):
1 button mushroom, sliced
¼ capsicum, sliced
½ tomato, diced
¼ onion, diced
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp of herbs
¼ small carrot, grated
2 snow peas, sliced
1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tab cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Collect and prepare all the vegetables to be roasted.
3. In a large bowl, add pumpkin, mushroom, capsicum, tomato and onion. Add the olive oil, garlic and herbs and stir until well combined.
4. Evenly spread the vegetables on the baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables have browned slightly.
5. Prepare the salad ingredients (carrot and snow peas).
6. Place 1 tsp oil into a frying pan, cook tortilla 30 seconds, turn and cook for a further 20 seconds.
7. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and sweet chilli sauce and then spread on the tortillas.
8. Layer the roast vegetables on the tortillas and then the salad ingredients.
9. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla up and then fold the edges in.
Serve the tortilla on a plate with the open edge up facing down (so it doesn’t open)
Reviews from the class:
The wraps were really good and before that I had never even thought of roast vegetable in a wrap but it was really good anyway.
I didn’t end up eating mine, since I don’t like all of the veggies in it, but I think it would taste really good because it smelt delicious. I could make it for someone again.
The wraps needed lamb and the veggies were gross!
I think the veggies needed a bit longer to cook. In my perspective the wrap needed some meat.
In the wrap, it had lots of food that went good together although I didn’t have a spread my wrap stuck together and made a delicious meal.
The wrap was delicious, it was a perfect amount of vegetables. It was light and scrumptious, I would definitely have it again. I love how we had choices and got to make it ourselves. I love the experience and making it. And also eating it. I love it!!!