A HEALTHY LUNCHBOX
What does a healthy lunch box look like?
I think a healthy lunch box is filled with all different kinds of fruits and vegetables including apples, bananas, strawberries, carrots, celery and grapes. Protein is also really useful like chicken, cheese, ham or yogurt.
Also any average day try to drink at least 2 litres of water a day and if you are doing extra sport make sure you drink maybe 1 or 2 litres even more than usually expected.
WHAT DOES EXERCISE DO?
Exercise makes you both more productive and happier for the day.
It affects your brain function and memory, and gives positive effects for the whole day.
Exercise boosts energy and regular physical activity can improve your muscle strength and boost your endurance. Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently.
A HEALTHY RECIPE: CARROT STARS
(only 4 ingredients)
A high protein snack with a little carrot goodness. Good for kids!
Prep time 5 minutes,
Cook time 15-20 minutes, Total time 21 minutes,
1. Pre heat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4
2. Mix the carrot and water in a bowl, cover and microwave on high for 3 mins
3. Drain the carrots and then place them on a clean cloth / absorbent paper and squeeze out the liquid. (You need to get the carrots quite dry)
4. Place the carrots back in the bowl and mix with the remaining ingredients
5. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper or use a silicon baking sheet
6. Form star shapes of the mixture onto the sheet using a cookie cutter
7. Bake for approx. 13 minutes (until crispy on the sides)